Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Resources

As mentioned in the previous post, the virtual museum will mainly focus on the Chinese blue and white porcelains. But I couldn't find much info on the Desaru Shipwreck. The resources (history, textures, measurements, etc.) would be a problem for me. I went to the bookstore in the Muzium Negara, hoping to get some useful books.

And I found these 3 books that are related to what I want to do. But guess what, they are seriously very very very very very expensive!!!!!
1. The Wanli Shipwreck and Its Ceramic Cargo - RM280
2. Maritime Archaeology and Shipwreck Ceramics in Malaysia - RM230
3. Mysteries of Malaysian Shipwrecks - RM120

I can really felt a pain in my heart when I saw the prices... It's hurt you know? Gotta tighten my belt... T_T

If I am rich, I gonna buy 3 of them. Yea, only if I am rich. But I am just an ordinary student who has spent all the extra allowance that was earned during the intership lol... So after flipped through the books, I came into a conclusion.

"Let's be specified, and focus only on the Wanli Shipwreck!!! All of the resources that you need are in that book. Yes, ALL-IN-ONE!!! Though it's the most expensive among all, but you just need to spend RM 280 instead of RM630. Banzai~!!!"


So there you go~ My very first investment for this FYP.
You can have a look of its contents here.

---

Thanks to my sis again, who "gosok" the credit card on behalf of my daddy.
Thanks to my daddy who is always the investor and supporter of my projects.

---

So Jun, you have made the very first step, and you know there is no turning back! Give all your best to this project. You know there are people that you can't disappoint, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment